Eight consortia have been selected from amongst a total of 85 submitted applications to take part in DIATOMIC, a pan-European network of Digital Innovation Hubs focused on microelectronics innovation.
What is DIATOMIC?
DIATOMIC is an exclusive network of Digital Innovation Hubs—part of the EC’s Smart Anything Everywhere initiative.
It is a pan-European business and technology ecosystem, with focus on health, agrifood, and manufacturing sectors, uniquely suited to microelectronics startups/ SMEs seeking to accelerate the time to market of novel digitized products and services.
Design, develop, market
DIATOMIC offers an intensive, milestone-driven acceleration programme, designed around 3-stages, each of which is a step closer to market entry: ’Design’, ’Develop’, ’Market’.
Some high-level benefits include up to €200k in equity-free funding per application experiment, access to advanced technological tools and testbeds, as well as mentoring/ networking services to speed up time-to-market of novel products and services based on advanced microelectronics technologies and smart systems integration.
Meet the consortia
Take a look at the DIATOMIC application experiments’ portfolio to learn more about the solutions being developed and journey to date.
- StoryWine – From vineyard data to a solution for wine production optimization and wine story-telling (agrifood);
- SmalTec – Smart Flooring Technologies (health);
- CYRUS – Cyber Physical Extrusion System (manufacturing);
- MEDICATION – Smart Medical Platform System Integration (health);
- CHAT – Chicken Health Assessment Toolset (agrifood);
- SMART WEARABLE – Smart Wearable Robot System for lower-limb Neural Rehabilitation (health);
- eOP – eOrchard Pistachio (agrifood);
- Agrinav – Precision Fertilizer Spreading (agrifood);
Applications for the second Open Call will be live in November. For more information, please join the DIATOMIC community on F6S and follow us on social media.