Open Call #2 — Apply by Jan 31st
Apply: Win up to €200,000 (equity-free!) per application experiment, along with tailored tech & business support.
The second last call for application experiments will accelerate solutions that apply electronic components, sensors, smart objects and systems across health, agrifood and manufacturing (Industry 4.0) sectors. Total funding amount: € 1.610.000.
DIATOMIC Open Call 2 Material NEW
(last updated 5 Nov 2018)
(last updated 5 Nov 2018)
Annex 1 DIATOMIC Open Call Text
Annex 2 DIATOMIC Guidelines For Applicants
Annex 3.1 DIATOMIC Supplement Proposal Template
Annex 4 DIATOMIC Sub-grant-agreement
Annex 5 DIATOMIC Consortium Honour Declaration
Annex 6 DIATOMIC Open Call SME declaration
Annex 7 DIATOMIC Open Call Bank account information form
What is DIATOMIC?
DIATOMIC is a network of digital innovation hubs, with € 1.610.000 in equity free funding in its Design-Develop-Market program. The call for proposals (Application Experiments) is open until 31 January (17:00 CET).
The target of these application experiments is to ‘pull’ innovative solutions to challenges from health, agrifood, and manufacturing sectors, using electronic components, sensors, smart objects and systems.
Through its network of digital innovation hubs, DIATOMIC offers a comprehensive service package, including:
> Strong technological support to accelerate novel application development, prototyping & experimentation, and:
> Business support to develop solutions with a robust product/market fit, and chart the path to market growth & investment.
Following evaluation and selection process, each experiment will enter DIATOMIC Design-Develop-Market program lasting between 9 and 15 months.
The call is open to small consortia (2 to 3 partners) from the EU and H2020 associated countries:
> Technology providers in the areas of advanced microelectronics & smart systems integration, namely: tech SMEs and research/ non-industry legal entities (i.e. research centres, academia, Competence Centers);
> Technology adopters/ users: SMEs (or mid-caps) active in health, agrifood, and/or manufacturing (Industry 4.0);
Note: digitalization of non-tech SMEs is in the focus of DIATOMIC.
Funding and Budget
The following financial eligibility criteria apply:
- The budget per experiment may vary from €70.000 to €200.000.
- The total funding of the non-industry and/or non-profit partners (if any) cannot exceed the 40% of the entire experiment budget,
- Each partner can receive funding in the range €20.000-€100.000.
How to Apply
Applying? Follow the steps listed below to start and submit your application—and don’t wait until the last minute.
- Open Call Documentation. Get familiar with terms and requirements set forth in Annex 2 Guidelines for Applicants.
- Partner search & matchmaking support. Apply through F6S free-of-charge and submit the 5-min form to get help with consortium building!
- Application Form – available via: f6s.com/diatomic-opencall2. Answer all the questions without missing any.
- FAQ Page. Have questions? Feel free to post them through f6s.com/diatomic
Please note that DIATOMIC will not accept applications via email. All applications need to be submitted through F6S.
Deadline for submissions: 31 January 2019 at 17:00 (Brussels time)
We will also organize an Online Webinar & Q&A in the first half of December to answer questions that Open Call applicants may have. You can already submit your questions via F6S.